Wherein we discuss digital pixels and polygons, directed by handheld input devices.

Re: Official Geekbox Mumble Server

Postby LiQuid » Sep 1st, 2015 @ 7:09am

You never answered it it was actually a problem. Anime's dumb, but like, I'd say the majority of the people that hang out in that chat like anime and post anime pictures constantly so there's no point in deleting or restricting it unless it's dumb hentai shit or dakazu's cavalcade of cartoon fat chicks.
LiQuid

Postby Mr_eX » Sep 1st, 2015 @ 7:27am

The only problem is that I don't want to see that garbage. There is a separate chat channel just for anime trash and if I wanted to see it I'd use that channel.
Last edited by Mr_eX on Sep 1st, 2015 @ 7:29am, edited 1 time in total.
Mr_eX
Geekbox VIP

Postby LiQuid » Sep 1st, 2015 @ 7:28am

You can always make a new chat channel and ban all weebs from it. I believe you have that power.
LiQuid

Postby CrossXhunteR » Sep 1st, 2015 @ 7:37am

Where did the anime touch you?
CrossXhunteR

Postby Jenn04 » Sep 1st, 2015 @ 9:16am

LiQuid wrote:Is it even really a problem? If so, can't you just do the option I posted above and hide all the image and content previews?

Maybe for you guys it isn't a problem but I really don't want to see anime girls with massive tits and a bulbous ass spanking dudes around (even if it's just from like, Prison School) in the general chat. I'll hide all images I guess, but it's kinda annoying to me.
Jenn04

Postby kenzo » Sep 1st, 2015 @ 12:12pm

I understand and empathize with people not wanting to see things because of say, situations like Darfox's where he's got little kids and family running around. I actually try to make it a point to leave the egregious stuff out of the main text-chat server. But when I've got people whining about even the innocuous stuff just becuase they're prejudiced, or being a tool, and crying wolf, I'm a lot less inclined to even give a shit and continue being courteous if that's how it's going to be. It's SJW syndrome where you took a reasonable and empathetic stance, and then alienate a bunch of people because you've gone overboard on a crusade.

Not like it even matters though, because I'm done with Discord.
kenzo

Postby CrossXhunteR » Sep 1st, 2015 @ 12:18pm

Liquid run you off already?
CrossXhunteR

Postby LiQuid » Sep 1st, 2015 @ 12:44pm

LiQuid

Postby LiQuid » Sep 1st, 2015 @ 12:56pm

I just scrolled back a good bit and found no offensive anime other than the armpit licking pics from last night that kenzo only posted in retaliation to my armpit vagina. I think this weeb persecution is unfounded.
LiQuid

Postby CrossXhunteR » Sep 1st, 2015 @ 2:34pm

Jenn is right in that a lot of Prison School shit was posted at some point. But who cares. I think you would need to go back a few days to find it.
CrossXhunteR

Postby kenzo » Sep 1st, 2015 @ 3:03pm

CrossXhunteR wrote:Jenn is right in that a lot of Prison School shit was posted at some point. But who cares. I think you would need to go back a few days to find it.
That was all Dakazu posting those. That happened while I was AFK; had I been there during it I would have told him to stop.

CrossXhunteR wrote:Liquid run you off already?
He booted me from the server last night while playing HotS. And this isn't like mumble where you can just immediately hop back on, nbd - getting booted clears you from your registration on the whitelist, so you can't log back in unless someone invites you again. And instead of getting an invite to log back in from LiQuid or anyone else on the server, LiQuid sent me a BabyRage jpg, so I'm out. I told LiQuid in-game while the match was still going that he needs to cut out the admin abuse, or this whole thing is going to die pretty fast.
kenzo

Postby Jenn04 » Sep 1st, 2015 @ 3:09pm

CrossXhunteR wrote:Jenn is right in that a lot of Prison School shit was posted at some point. But who cares. I think you would need to go back a few days to find it.

If it was a chat full of chicks and they posted yaoi bs and dick pics I'd say the same thing. It's just not general material. I know not everybody does it, it was Dakazu being a weirdo haha, but it just doesn't belong there.

Edit - I mean anime pics have been posted in Mumble before, and anime is great and fine, but it got waaayyyy overboard that one day.
Editedit - removed whining
Last edited by Jenn04 on Sep 1st, 2015 @ 3:28pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jenn04

Postby CrossXhunteR » Sep 1st, 2015 @ 3:25pm

Why would that not belong in a general room though? It is general.
CrossXhunteR

Postby Jenn04 » Sep 1st, 2015 @ 3:29pm

CrossXhunteR wrote:Why would that not belong in a general room though? It is general.

Jenn04

Postby CrossXhunteR » Sep 1st, 2015 @ 3:47pm

What does general mean to you? To me it means kind of everything. Which includes Prison School.

What if I said I didn't want to see cats? This chat would be mad offensive then.
CrossXhunteR

Postby LiQuid » Sep 1st, 2015 @ 3:48pm

As someone who doesn't actually get offended by anything, I would be super inclined to adopt an anything goes policy for the Discord server BUT being the benevolent master that I am I have to consider everybody's well being here and being that, due to the ease of access to the program on mobile devices, anybody could be logging on from work and/or around "mixed company" I'm going to have to put the kibosh on "lewd" material. Use your judgement guys. If you wouldn't want people seeing it at work please don't post it. Me and Dakazu have been bad about it to, but we'll stop.

Weeb channel has been renamed lewd. Please put all lewd stuff in there.
kenzo wrote:He booted me from the server last night while playing HotS. And this isn't like mumble where you can just immediately hop back on, nbd - getting booted clears you from your registration on the whitelist, so you can't log back in unless someone invites you again. And instead of getting an invite to log back in from LiQuid or anyone else on the server, LiQuid sent me a BabyRage jpg, so I'm out. I told LiQuid in-game while the match was still going that he needs to cut out the admin abuse, or this whole thing is going to die pretty fast.

I actually did send you a babyrage jpg followed immediately by an invite link.
These are called jokes my friend. I'm sorry that you got so offended by your timeout and while you may not have felt it justified, it improved the aural wellbeing of the rest of us in that game. I promise I'll stop using the kick feature as a slap on the wrist measure. I may have the means, but that doesn't give me the right. Come back to your friends kenzo.
LiQuid

Postby Jenn04 » Sep 1st, 2015 @ 4:27pm

CrossXhunteR wrote:What does general mean to you? To me it means kind of everything. Which includes Prison School.

What if I said I didn't want to see cats? This chat would be mad offensive then.

Hahaha. Well I mean, people can post whatever they want. I'm just vocalizing my slight discomfort when seeing that kind of stuff. In other chat groups I'm in, that kind of thing is usually in random, or the deep end -- so going in those rooms you kind of expect it? It's my fault for not liking it - do whatever you want!
Jenn04

Postby CrossXhunteR » Sep 1st, 2015 @ 4:28pm

Liquid, did Dakazu send you an invite to join the Nazi party?
CrossXhunteR

Postby kenzo » Sep 1st, 2015 @ 8:01pm

Not even offended, but it's childish and it ruins servers. And I wasn't about to put up with more of that nonsense last night, so I did better things with my time and went to go play MGS5.
kenzo

Postby LiQuid » Sep 1st, 2015 @ 8:18pm

I know. I shouldn't ever let dumb fighting in the MOBA Zone spill into something that exists for the whole community, even just messing around.
LiQuid

Postby Mr_eX » Sep 1st, 2015 @ 8:29pm

I did the same thing and kicked kenzo from the mumble server once as a joke. Pretty much the same result here.
Mr_eX
Geekbox VIP

Postby LiQuid » Sep 1st, 2015 @ 8:37pm

To be fair it wasn't really jokey kicking like I did with lightningbolt for posting fake MGS5 spoilers while there were people on the server sensitive to them. We were bitching at each other about HotS nonsense and I kicked him rather than just muting him like I would have normally and I shouldn't have done it.
LiQuid

Postby kenzo » Sep 1st, 2015 @ 8:45pm

I think the two of us, while playing HotS, whenever we get riled up need to just say to each other, "What are we doing. This is HOTS we're getting mad with." There's no reason we should ever be taking HotS seriously and getting angsty.
kenzo

Postby LiQuid » Sep 1st, 2015 @ 9:25pm

We've been down this road before kenzo. We both know it's not going to happen. Our time in HotS has cemented the fact that neither of us is ever going to be zen-ass motherfucking apant while we're playing any competitive MOBA, so instead of having some pact to be good sports and treat each other like normal, grown up, adults, we need to just embrace the fact that one or both of us is going to get sad and/or hostile and piss the other off, causing them to get even more sad and/or hostile, perpetuating the circle of torture we've laid out for ourselves.
LiQuid

Postby dakazu » Sep 1st, 2015 @ 9:34pm

When I get home I'm filling up the chat with "general" pics
dakazu

Postby LiQuid » Sep 1st, 2015 @ 10:47pm

dakazu wrote:When I get home I'm filling up the chat with "general" pics

Delivered as promised.
LiQuid

Postby kenzo » Sep 1st, 2015 @ 11:35pm

I'm imagining a lot of military generals. I hope to not be disappointed when I log back in someday.
kenzo

Postby kenzo » Sep 2nd, 2015 @ 12:29am

LiQuid wrote:We've been down this road before kenzo. We both know it's not going to happen. Our time in HotS has cemented the fact that neither of us is ever going to be zen-ass motherfucking apant while we're playing any competitive MOBA, so instead of having some pact to be good sports and treat each other like normal, grown up, adults, we need to just embrace the fact that one or both of us is going to get sad and/or hostile and piss the other off, causing them to get even more sad and/or hostile, perpetuating the circle of torture we've laid out for ourselves.

kenzo

Postby Jenn04 » Sep 2nd, 2015 @ 3:20am

LiQuid wrote:
dakazu wrote:When I get home I'm filling up the chat with "general" pics

Delivered as promised.

Beautifulllllll
Jenn04

Postby Konanda » Sep 3rd, 2015 @ 8:46pm

So this is where people came to bitch about the new VOIP service. Also some context to dakazu's shitposting,neat.

Also its a bit of a late reply but ur welcome Mr_eX, I figured my name gave it away since people have heard it before and like the shortform which I go by in a casual setting (ie. friends and family) which is on my steam profile kind of made it obvious but guess not. Feel free to invrst it in some multiplayer server or something.

I do find it hilarious that I was talked about like some mysterious altruistic benefactor though.
Get outta here, Thunder Tits!
Konanda

PreviousNext
Forum Statistics